I’m feeling especially sentimental today, so I figured I would share a few of my favourite things (in no particular order).
- The way that L has absolutely no shame or baggage. It’s so cool to see how we all start as infants with no sense of embarrassment, as well as how much you’re willing to embarrass yourself as an adult to make a baby laugh!
- The fact that somehow 2/3 of my bed is taken up by a 17-pound 6-month old. He’s a sprawler!
- This sweet corn bread from High Heels and Grills. We made this and ate it alongside some pinto beans, and it was amazing. The perfect level of sweetness!
- Stop making parenting so damn complicated – as a new(ish) mom, this post was perfect for me. We’re starting L on solid foods, and no matter how much research I do and things I store in my brain, I need to let go and just do what comes naturally. I’ve got a kid who’s already a good sleeper, a social butterfly, and a nursing champ. It’s better if I adapt to him than try to make him adhere to some arbitrary rules that will probably be disproven in a week anyway!
- These Game of Thrones season 7 memes (spoiler alert if you haven’t yet watched the season!)
- The early autumn weather. We’ve had a fairly mild/dreary summer and I’m ready to curl up in sweaters and hear the leaves crunch!